Friday, March 20, 2009

Our story defines us

Are you on the fast or slow track of Life A Tortoise or A Hare?


Today I listened to Eileen Williams from California telling her 19 year journey in business.

She started as a mum of 3 small children and today she was giving a talk to 1000 people about her success

When her dircet sales business was first growing it was under huge scruteny because of other companies in the direct sales industry producing shonky products , MLM scams and pyramids schemes etc

SHE DID NOT QUIT! - why ? she heard leaders tell her as I have told you that the only way to fail in business is to quit. There is always a way ahead to be found.

Her business survived that terrible time because it is a company with long term vision - sure many many quit how ever Eileen was stubborn and held on to her dreams.


Eileen's story of how she of how she re-invented herself over the next 5 years shows us all what can be achieved as she went to millionaire success in 2006 and is now averaging 1.25 million turnover a year.


Key Learnings from Eileen for me

The obvious one- keep believing I deserve to have my dreams
Look out for danger spots! EGO, SELF DOUBT, Being in my head about this business rather then getting to grips with what it means emotionally for me.
Decide to do it to day , every day - beauty has been around since the Egyptians and we are in the right business
Doing the personal growth required to get out of my own way
Adopting a fun -like approach whilst getting out of my own way
Massive Action works
NSE is a much bigger calling than you and me- so many world patents
Recognise I have ignored defining moments in my life
The pain of doing this business - if I choose to I can avoid the pain cos it is all made up by me!
Visualise the end of my life - would I be happy if I did not achieve this ?
I can learn to like the new habits that lead to success - do what I am resisting to get momentum
Timing IS RIGHT NOW - take the huge opportunity and create own huge success.
What ever I am thinking is what I will attract

Plenty of food for thought there folk Arlene

No comments: