Wednesday, February 19, 2014

E-learning - course and week one

I have embarked on a new 10 week course to master creating e-learning materials. Guy Truss from SWIT in Bunbury is magic and has made the intro course easy to follow. The technology is to be enjoyed rather than endured and the collaborate tools for chatting and connecting are very similar to others I have used such as Go -to- seminar and Go - to- meetings. I also have my years of coach training using the e- learning material and telephone hook-ups for CE points to fall back on. Week one session was 2 hours long and largely around the tools Collaborate and the platform that is Moodle. Also work to be undertaken for TAELLN401A0. At Baptistcare I was unsure of the technology being available so the team except BMcA we gathered in the training room and largely usd it with face to face and some inputting to the system. I had on line access to SWIT, Moodle and collaborate on my IPad - there were limitations, on what I could take part in e.g. the writing. Note to self - Next session will require to be at a PC. Avoid asking students can they hear me - set up for them to raise had if they cannot Consider adult attention spans when going back over connectivity and functionality stuff - biggest turn off for adults when technology stuffs up Everyone else seems to has been able so far to get into the courses and enrol each of us to share materials, assignments and progress. I am excited to see what people come up with. I had a play around with the Moodle learning modules - didn't seem to get the boxes ticked so need to go back and repeat the learning and watch videos.

No comments: